03 July, 2009

The summer.

If they weren't here before, they are here now! Like an invasion they've taken over the roads, dominate the sidewalks, and even the bike paths aren't safe.
"I hate tourists" was heard only minutes before I began this post, pushing me to update, as I am well aware was long over due.

A friend of mine pointed out that this is a very bitter blog, something I must work to change. There are many times when I truely enjoy the island, especially this time of year when I only have the time to enjoy, not share with everyone else.

There's a lot on my mind lately which has left me rather vacant. Two days ago I was awake very early swimming with the dogs, and upon leaving the house I thought I had put on ALL of my swimsuit, but no.
After almost 20 minutes of swimming I'm standing in knee deep water, bikini top, pink leporard print panties. I quick ran and put on my pants and finished swimming in those. There wasn't anyone around, and I was grateful for that.

The touristas should give us locals a summer off, like they get.
Us working people loathe the term "summers off", it was only two days ago I went to a riduculous local bar ::cough::laguna::cough:: and met a girl from my childhood who was a school teacher in AC, and lived at her boyfriend's parents house and had the summers off.
That really must be nice. No bills, no responsibilities, and summers off. Sounds like childhood. At least she's contributing to society, but there's a great chance that what she's contributing is negative though. When I asked how she delt with urban special ed, she said "selective hearing", so who knows.

This is now the conclusion of our bus broadcast for the day, thank you for tuning in. 

We locals take the bus and cabs for the

Giddy up, Juliana

No comments: