09 December, 2009

Welcome back Brants!


















I woke up in Atlantic City to the loud pounding of rain outside the partially opened window. These old apartment buildings with bars on the ground floor use radiators to heat the whole building, so temperature control is done with the windows.
6am, still dark and gray, and yet the day was calling to me.
Truthfully, I like the rain.
When I got back to Brigantine around 8.30am, I was happy to see a huge flock of Brants out there organizing on the back bay. It's nice to see them back, even though I missed another Snow Geese migration.

Atlantic City....
What can I say...
Last night I drove out to get something to eat off the islands last night, and passed a police blockade, and thought little of it. Thanks to Twitter and the Press, I knew what had happened while I finished off my late night Denny's breakfast. Apparently a man was being talked down off a ledge by a negotiator, as the police had the whole Missouri avenue between the parking garages at Caesars blocked off.

Between that, and half the other non-friendly press things that happen in AC, like the man found dead under the boardwalk, what can we do to truly change the face of this town?

Cleaning it up may be good, but then where's the fun in that?

Boy Larry Mullen, you got out right in time! How's Australia treating you?
BTW, buddy I heard a rumor your ex is asking for 60,000 a month in alimony. Haha you rich fuck!

No comments: