14 July, 2008

Sunday's hurry



It’s the driving that gets me the most. It’s like I know they have 5 things to do at home before Monday morning, and they’re all in such a hurry to relax. In a hurry to get back to the hurry, and I’m just stuck in the traffic in between. It’s hard to avoid it, when there’s one road in and out of town.

That race to the bridge is always dotted with speeders getting invited to come back and visit Brigantine’s Municipal Court where there’s a mandatory donation according to how fast you were going. Some learn from the mistakes of
others, while everyone else goes to see the angry fish. Directly behind the judge are two very angry huge fish depicted in a beautiful glass tax-dollar-municipal-art. It’s an expensive donation they accept for your desire to go faster than everyone else, 200+.

When ever I give directions to the few and the proud that are invited to my helping farm oasis, I always add a few extra warnings against the desire to hurry up and relax. I never understand that if you have the money, and want to live in paradise, why not forsake the money, and just live in paradise, not drive back and forth every weekend for 3 months. The mentality of those that got, is they need “BOTH”.

I initially hadn’t intended this blog to be about tourist complaints, but it may be quite the sand covered soap box for all my adventures and complaints. Especially when turtles are the innocent harmed by this hurry up and relax.


This turtle was found on the south end 4x4 entrance going into the cove, an area where the speed limit is 15mph for a reason. This week alone I counted 3 on bayshore and Brigantine blvd. I saved one and nearly crashed my car on Brigantine BLVD. The traffic piled up behind me, and no one honked, which was pretty impressive. My counterpart saved on from behind Borgata the next evening.

I'm in the process of creating a petition to get more signs regarding turtles, and foxes. I will update with that as soon as it's available. However currently I'm working on a top secret government project concerning Atlantic City. Top secret stuff.


No comments: